Friday 28 December 2012

'Pur ti miro', by Claudio Monteverdi

Musical version:


Duet version:

From Wikipedia:


Pur ti miro is a duet from the opera L'Incoronazione di Poppea by the Italian composer Claudio Monteverdi and Francesco Busenello . The duet act opera when Poppaea and Nero sing of their love for each other, and is a crucial dramatic climax, although it is virtually certain that the piece was written not by Monteverdi but by Benedetto Ferrari .

Pur Ti Miro, Pur ti stringo,
pur ti godo, pur t’annodo
più non peno, più non moro,
O mia vita, o mio tesoro.
Io son tua, speme mia
dillo dí l’idol mio,
tu sei pur, si mio ben,
Si mio cor, mi a vita

English:
I adore you, I embrace you,
I desire you, I enchain you,
no more grieving, no more sorrow,
O my dearest, O my beloved.
I am yours, O my love,
tell me so, you are mine,
mine alone, O my love.
Feel my heart, see my love, see.


No comments:

Post a Comment